Monday, February 15, 2010

First foray into medium format cameras

This is the camera I was introduced to last week - along with a light meter - for the first time.
Medium format film is bigger than 35mm film, has no sprockets and is more of a challenge to load. They are a challenge to use - but can produce beautiful superb black and white images.

Week one we were sent off to shoot a roll of film around the TAFE grounds.
Then we had to develop it in the dark room.
Today I printed three of my better ones at around A4 size.

Needless to say I am pretty pleased with the exposure and so forth considering there is nothing automatic on these old medium format cameras! And it was my first encounter with the light meter - complicated things they are.....



Could not resist the obvious industrial subject.


A roof - mainly for the contrast light and shadow


This is a shy apprentice in the carpentry school.

No comments: