Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pouva Camera

The latest assignment for NMIT Visual Arts  involves using Diana cameras. These are primitive cameras that were manufactured in China The Diana first appeared during the early 1960s as a inexpensive box camera sold by the Great Wall Plastic Factory of Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Instead of the Diana, I borrowed the Puova Start which was created in Gemany in the 1950s. Like the Diana it takes 120 film which has to be processed at a lab. I found a friendly shop in Kew called PhotoQ - they scanned it as well and I am very pleased with the results.
No adjustments for distance - just sunny and shady! I took it to Moomba and finished the reel at home. They are similar to Diana camera images.
These are from my first roll of film.





1 comment:

julian said...

very good..especially the clowns and the merry-go-round-go-round-